Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Days six and seven

Yesterday was a pretty easy day. I went to bed late again the night before, since there was another slumber/movie party, I fell asleep around 1 ish. I woke up around 8. I felt pretty good. Ate 2 big slices of watermelon and rode 1/2 mile to the fruit stand. At the fruit stand I bought a bunch of melon's...my favorite fruit stand guy Tony cut a couple of them up for me and I ate them while we bs'ed for the next half hour. I then rode 1 1/2 miles home and ate another melon. An hour later I ate a 6 banana/mixed green smoothie. I was feeling really good, high energy, clear thoughts. I worked around the house on the garden and computer. Around noon I walked a couple of blocks to my mom's house. I ate a small portion of vegan spaghetti there. My ears started throbbing right away, but it went away within a half hour.
Later I rode a mile to work. Ate 2 large cantaloupe and cooked/cleaned for 2 hours. Rode a mile back home and ate another melon.
My friend Isaac came by and I took him on the tandem down the greenbelt and showed him all the wild fruit trees that are growing along the path. It was great fun and we have plans to raid the trees as soon as they are ripe :)
Went to bed around 10:30.
Woke up today at 5 a.m. Drank a bunch of water and rode 4 miles to yoga. Did a great 90 minute yoga session and rode 3 miles to the fruit stand. I was feeling good, strong and peaceful. I bought a bunch more melons and..of course..Tony cut a couple up for me and I ate them while we chatted. I then rode one more mile home. Took a 2 hour nap, ate half an avocado (my ears immediately started throbbing for the next 15 minutes) and rode a mile to work. Cleaned for 2 hours and rode another mile to my next job. Ate 2 cantaloupe and an hour later ate a small portion of organic chicken breast and some plain roasted potatoes..bad food combining...but I felt pretty good still, and amazingly my ears didn't start to throb. I cooked/cleaned for 2 hours and rode a mile home. After a couple of hours I got a slight headache and my neck felt really stiff.
I drank a bunch of water and felt better.
Rode 3/4 of mile to Fred Meyers with my daughter to get some last minute things for the trip to South Dakota tomorrow. I bought a sugar free apple pie when i was there...for some ridiculous reason...ate 2 pieces of it when I got home and of course felt instantly tired and am getting ready to head off to bed.

A little frustrated with my eating again today. My self control still seems to be wimping out on me. Regardless I am going to try again tomorrow and every day until I feel good all day and have all nutrient filled, life giving calories going into my body.

3 comments:

  1. Can you eat raw nuts? Why did the avocado make your ears throb do you think? I thought you did very very well today. When you cheated it was with organic/vegan foods....well, except the pie. Sugar free usually means it has aspartame/saccharin in it which is unnatural so go for the sugary (not high fructose corn syrup) goodness when you're naughty! I have an addiction to my son's organic oatmeal cookies myself... :)

    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QVTAVZ1NL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention that the pie was fruit juice sweetened.
    I used to have a horrible time with my ears clogging when I was a SAD eater. Fats clog my ears. I didn't know that before, but I notice it instantly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry it took me so long to answer Tabitha. I didn't realize I had a comment. I need to check more often :)

    ReplyDelete