Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Days seventeen and eighteen: Friday and Saturday

Thursday night I believe I went to bed at around 9:30 and woke up on Friday at 7:30. I ate a large apple and rode 3 miles to work. At work I ate 3 more large apples and cleaned for 2 hours. I was feeling really good and strong. Nice peaceful happy thoughts. Next I rode a mile to the mall. Ate 1 lb. dates, took to bus about 6 miles, got off and rode the last 5 miles to work. Cleaned for 2 hours, was feeling really tired and weak. I kept thinking about that spaghetti sauce I made the night before at my last clients house. I knew there were still some leftovers in the fridge. I wanted to eat it when I went there next. Right before I left the house I was currently cleaning my client gave me three small cherry tomatoes, the first of their crop that they had just picked out of their garden. Those three little tomatoes tasted so incredibly good, they were still warm from the sun and they burst in my mouth, oooohhh...sooo delicious....and all of a sudden my spaghetti cravings were gone. A little light went on in my head and I realized that it was the tomatoes I had been craving all along. My body wanted tomatoes not processed spaghetti sauce. Yay! More understanding my body's language.
On the 6 mile ride to my last clients house I felt so wonderful. It was 100 degrees out, the sweat was pouring off me and I felt like I was invincible. What was even better was when I passed a sprinkler that sprayed me, I swear I could hear the water sizzle on my skin and it was the most amazing feeling. I was in full thriving mode and I knew that this is why I eat this way. This is why I crave health...just to experience the wonderful feeling of thriving. I started laughing and crying at the same time. I was in a full swing zone of health and vitality. Then as I kept biking I realized that I had brought into my life some negative energy lately and I needed to get it out. I had signed up on a dating web site called "plenty of fish" a couple of months ago. On the web site I was very clear about what I was looking for, but I swear none of the people that responded were anything close to what I was looking for and I doubt they even read what I wrote. I think they just looked at my picture and called it good. Everyone that talked to me on there had health problem, were needy, unhappy, etc. I was getting nothing positive from being on this web site and tons of negativity. Besides I am so totally happy being single, why do I want to date? So I decided that the dating web site needed to go...and it did...and I feel great about it.
So, back to arriving at my last job of the day. I made a 12 banana, head of red leaf lettuce smoothie, drank it and cleaned for two hours...(no cooking today..they were going out for dinner). I rode the last mile home. Sat outside in my lawn chair and talked with Jonathan. Ate one very small avocado and 5 large tomatoes. I was still in a very happy place, but was extremely tired. Jonathan kept talking to me about conspiracy theories and the "new world order" . It was causing my happy zone to fade so I told him I needed some alone time. When he left at 8. I got naked, crawled into bed and finished reading "Hunza Land", which is a fantastic read!! Very beautiful, healthy people. Then I went to sleep at around 8:30...it was a blissful 92 degrees in my house.
Woke up on Saturday at 7. Still felt tired. I ate 1/2 a watermelon for breakfast and had severe heartburn. Rode 3 miles to work, my heartburn had faded by then and I cleaned for 2 hours. Ate .25 lb. of dates and rode 3 miles to a fruit stand, bought a bunch of melons and rode a mile to my next job. Ate 3 melons and cleaned for 2 hours. Was really tired by this time. Very crabby about things. Wanted to stop eating all raw, was sick of fighting the cravings. Kept thinking about spaghetti again. Rode 3 miles to Bittercreek restaurant went in and had 2 large glasses of fresh squeezed OJ, 32 oz. They tasted so good and I was so very grateful to have a place to go that sells fresh squeezed OJ..(thanks Dave Krick for being awesome not only does he have fresh squeezed OJ but he gives me free local organic meat scraps for my cats, by 2012 he wants to have zero waste coming from his restaurant..what a guy.) I picked up cat meat scraps and rode 1/4 mile to the co-op, bought a bunch of food for my daughter since she would be coming back from her dad's tonight.
Rode 5 miles home and was feeling better mentally.
At home I made an 8 roma tomato, celery, romaine, 1/2 a very small avocado smoothie. It hit the spot! Did laundry, finally, I have had clothes soaking in the bathtub for 3 days and haven't gotten to washing them. I love washing my laundry by hand, it is a form of meditation for me, the same goes for cleaning houses. After I got them all hung and looking beautiful on the clothes line I decided to open my power bill. It was so great! I only used 38 kWh the whole month, $2.66 cents worth. My service charge was higher than my power usage. Woo hoo!!! I was very excited and did a victory dance. Thank you summer!!! Hopefully by next summer I will have a solar panel and be completely off grid. My goals are falling into place :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Victoria!! Good for you!! Thank you for your efforts and dedication to reducing your dependency on electricity! I loved hearing about your 6 mile ride, great great, great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Tabitha! It is so exciting to see the results of all my hard work! woo hoo! I wonder if I can make it even lower next month...lol.

    ReplyDelete