Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Last week in Kauai

I leave Kauai one week from today. That will be a total of 30 days in paradise.
I decided to blog my last week here in a similar way I have blogged before. I want to briefly cover my experiences each day. Write down what I have eaten and how I feel at the end of the day.

Today Savana wanted a day to relax. She had a hard evening yesterday suffering from swimmers ear.
I woke up at around 8a.m. I felt really good. This was my 5th day of eating all raw fruits and vegetables again. It was a beautiful morning. I could see blues skies out my window and as always here on Kauai the birds were singing. The day started out with high 60's, low 70's. I spent some time on the computer, did 2 push ups and went outside to make some phone calls. I sat in the beautiful warm sun for about an hour and a half making phone calls. The sun felt so wonderful, making me warm all over.
I came back inside and made 64 oz. of fresh squeezed tangelo juice. That is what I have been having for breakfast every morning. I drank 48 oz. of it and felt like taking a nap. I took about an hour nap, woke up and drank the rest of my tangelo juice. I also ate a couple of tomatoes and a large papaya.
It was time to go to the market. So I headed off with Janie and Savana. At the market I bought 76 tangelo's, a bag of longan's, green onions, bok choy, 2 bunches of carrots and a bunch of apple banana's. About $40 worth of food for the week. Plus I had to pay $20 for some rambutan that Janie had picked up for me earlier in the week. There wasn't enough tomatoes for me to get any but I still have half a flat left over from last week. I munched on a couple of green onions and bok choy as I was walking around.
After market we went to the farm and I harvested a bunch of papaya's. I was all set for food for the week, except I still needed some zucchini. We stopped at Hoku market on the way home to get some zucchini but they didn't have any.
When we got back to Kilauea I walked over to the Healthy Hut and they had a lot of organic zucchini. I bought 6 for $5. So I figure my total cost of groceries for me for the week is around $65, which is lower than usual since I will be eating some left over food from last week. Savana will not eat any of the fruits or vegetables I bought so this is just my cost only.
After I left the healthy hut I went and said hi to Daphne the cockatoo on the way back to Janie's.
At home I made 2 liters of papaya/banana smoothie. That was very yummy and satisfying. I drank up while talking to a friend on skype.
Then Janie taught Savana and I how to do some things with the aerial fabrics. It took a few tries but I was able to climb up them all the way to the ceiling which was fun. I also did push ups again and was able to do 3. Woo hoo! I did 10 crunches and tried a few times to do pull ups using the fabric. I'm not able to do one yet, but that won't last long :)
It was a fun mellow, relaxing, warm beautiful day. I feel very happy and peaceful tonight and my mind is very clear.
My weight when I left for Hawaii was 160lbs. This morning I weighed in at 156.

No comments:

Post a Comment