Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

4 day's left in Kauai

Last night I went to bed around midnight and woke up at 8a.m. I slept pretty good and had a dream of running and running but never getting short of breath or tired no matter how far or how long I ran. It was a great dream.
I got up, was on the computer a short amount of time and then got ready to go snorkeling.
I squeezed 70 oz. of tangelo juice and bottled it up to take with me. I also grabbed a big bag of rambutans. We headed out at about 10ish. Drove into Hanalei, rented snorkel gear for $5 a day, and bought a disposable underwater camera, on the drive I ate a bunch of katook (little yummy green leaves). Drove to Annini beach and headed out into the reef. The guy at the snorkel shop told up that the surf was really high today and that most of the beaches were closed. He thought that Annini beach would be ok, but still questionable. Janie had already said she wasn't going to snorkel that morning and stayed on the beach. The rest of us, Darrel, April (the new girl), Savana and myself decided that because of the high surf we wouldn't go out very far. We started swimming toward these buoy's where Darrel said there were good corals. I could tell there was a current but we were swimming with it so I didn't realize how strong it was. When we got out past where we couldn't touch anymore near the buoy I then realized what I was dealing with. I grabbed onto the buoy. I could see Savana coming toward me in full panic mode. I grabbed her when she got to me. Darrel had brought his body board with us to be safe and because he had dealt with having to rescue people in the past and knew that things went a lot smoother with the board. Darrel swam over and I told him that we needed to take Savana to shallower water. He put her on the board and told me that if I wanted he could come back and get me. I said I thought I could swim against the current and if not I would come back to the buoy and wait for him. April had already headed back a while ago. So the three of us headed back against the current which I could handle but it was quite a workout. In shallower water we found some corals but the current was so strong it was hard to hold still long enough to see anything. After about a half hour of struggling around we decided to get out.
Back on the beach I drank my 70 oz. of tangelo juice and ate a few rambutan but most of them had gone bad so there wasn't very many that were edible. Janie and April were weaving cool baskets from grass they had picked. It was awesome.
I rested a little and called my friend Maggie who had almost died of organ failure a couple of weeks ago. At that time everyone thought she was not going to pull out of it and I was sure that I would be spending the rest of my vacation mourning the loss of my dear friend. She surprised us all though and pulled out of it miraculously. She had just started being able to talk again a couple of days ago and last night her daughter said she was at a care center and gave me her number. When she answered the phone and I heard her beautiful voice I was so happy I started crying. We had a short but wonderful talk since I barely had a connection and kept cutting out.
After talking to Maggie I saw some people snorkeling at the other end of the beach. I walked down there and figured if the current was still bad over there at least it would just bring me back to where everyone else was. The current wasn't as bad over there and I had a lot of fun snorkeling around for about an hour. I didn't realize how much time had gone by until I saw Savana and Darrel in the shore trying to get my attention to tell me it was time to go.
We all loaded back up, returned the gear and came back to the house.
I got on the computer and did a web chat with some other fruity people for about a half hour. I skyped my friend Doug briefly and then Janie said they were going to play miniature golf if Savana and I wanted to go. I walked to the store to get Savana ingredients for her dinner. Came back and made myself a liter of papaya/banana smoothie. Drank that up quickly and we were off.
I was still a little bit hungry when we left but figured I would be ok until we got back. I had fun playing golf, it was lightly raining on us but it was still warm. As the game went on I was getting hungrier and hungrier. I was also feeling weaker and weaker. By the time we were done I was feeling like I desperately needed food. Everyone was goofing around and Darrel was trying to add up our scores. I was almost in a panic. I asked Darrel if he could do that at the house and told him and Janie that I was really hungry and needed food as soon as possible. So we drove back to the house and Janie asked if there was anything she could do to help me eat right away. I was so grateful for her understanding and willingness to help, I knew I could whip up a smoothie really fast and I would be ok. At the house I ran inside. Janie and Savana grabbed me banana's and a papaya. I crammed them in the blender, added some water and blended them up. It took me about 2 minutes to get that smoothie from the blender into my stomach. I felt so much better...ahhhh. I made it! I hadn't realized how many calories I had burned with all the snorkeling I did. My body was quite aware of it though! After I ate I made Savana her dinner and come in my room to do my blog.
Janie just came in to check on me to see if I was feeling better. She is so great!
I also ate two caimito's while writing this blog. My tummy is very happy now :)

I weighed myself this morning. I am at 153 lbs. down 7 lbs. and I believe this is my eighth day eating low fat raw. I seem to be losing almost a pound a day. Yeah!

I am now doing 5 push ups. I'm thinking it will be up to 6 by tomorrow :)

Tomorrow we are going to go work out at the farm. I love working at the farm! It will be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment