Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Last Day in Kauai

So my last day in Kauai was very blissful.

I went to bed around midnight and woke up at 7a.m. I felt really good. It looked like the day was going to be sunny and I was very happy about that.
I did some things on the computer for a while, then lied down for a while to get a little more sleep before Savana woke up. I couldn't really sleep, so I just relaxed.
Around 10 a.m. Savana got up. I did some laundry and packed. I squeezed my 64 oz. of tangelo juice and bottled it up.
Janie got out her cotton that she had picked and taught Savana and I how to spin yarn. First we learned how to spin by hand and then she showed us on her treadle spinner. It was hard to do and I couldn't do it very good. It will take a lot of practice.
Then Savana and I caught to bus to go to the beach one last time. On the ride to the beach I got a little teary thinking about leaving but not too much and it didn't last long. The beach was great! There were huge waves that would come crashing down on us and throw us all over. It was a lot of fun just going wherever the water sent me. Even though the waves were big, where we were at there was very little curren, so I felt pretty safe in the watert. We played in the waves for about an hour. I started getting a little tired so I got out, sat in the sun and drank my tangelo juice.
Darrel and Janie came and picked us up and we went to the market. Wed. market is my favorite. I didn't buy much because I was leaving. A few banana's to make a smoothie later and some broccoli which I ate right away.
After market we went back to the house. I made 2 liters of papaya/banana smoothie and drank it all up right away. I wanted to make sure I had a full stomach before getting on the plane. I also ate a few fresh jungle peanuts that Janie and Darrel had bought at the market. They were sooo yummy. After just a few I could feel my body telling me that it had enough fats. I listened to my body and stopped eating them.
I finished packing and it was time to go. Darrel had made a raw tahini dressing earlier and I put some of that on a huge bowl full of lettuce and took it with me in the truck. I ate my lettuce on the way to the airport but the dressing was too much after having ate the fats in the peanuts earlier, my body was done with fats. So I gave it to Darrel and he finished it off. We listening to music Savana wanted to listen to on the way to the airport. I was really surprised at how calm I felt about leaving. At the airport we all hugged goodbye. Janie and Darrel wanted my assurance that I would be back, which I assured them that there was no doubt about that. I didn't even want to leave. I could easily picture myself living there happily ever after :) Earlier in the day Darrel kept saying he was going to keep Savana as collateral to make sure I would come back. I felt so good to be wanted. I loved staying with Janie and Darrel. I learned so much from them. After being together 23 years they are still very much in love and it shows. The whole time I was there, they did not say one mean or angry word to each other...or to Savana and I for that matter. They communicated openly and clearly with each other and even in stressful situations they showed each other nothing but love and understanding. Simply amazing! Staying with them I felt surrounded by beautiful, joyful people all the time. People like Janie and Darrel are few and far between and I am so grateful that they are part of my life :) Those are the kind of people that I want in my life!
Savana and I made it through security, got on the plane and flew out of paradise :(
The overnight flight was tough. We flew to LA, then Salt Lake City which is where I am at now. It is 26 degrees outside. Ridiculous! At least Boise is a whole 10 degrees warmer at a balmy 36....inside I am laughing hysterically...ahhhhh!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Victoria! Another fun adventure! :) I'm so happy for you that you've found such joy in your life and have such wonderful people around to give you all the love and support you deserve.

    ReplyDelete