Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

2 day's left in Kauai

Last night I went to bed at 10 p.m. I had trouble falling asleep for some reason which was strange since I was exhausted.
I woke up at 5 a.m. Squeezed 64 oz. of tangelo juice, bottled it up and grabbed my bag of longan's that I didn't eat yesterday. We left at 6 a.m. to get April to the airport. We dropped her off at 7 a.m. We had planned on picking up a big truck to haul Janie and Darrel's shipment with all their screen house parts back to the farm right after we dropped April off. We found out though that the truck would not be ready until 10 a.m. So we went to the farm for a while. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. So I stayed in the truck and took a short nap, until it was time to go. I drank all my tangelo juice when I woke up on the drive to get the big truck.
We picked up the big truck and drove to the shipment yard, got part of the shipment and drove back to the farm. We unloaded all the parts, which were very big and heavy. It took a while and a lot of creativity, but it was fun and we got it all done. We drove back to the shipment yard and picked up some more of the screen house. Went back out to the farm. I ate my bag of longan's and drank a bunch of water. We unloaded that shipment, which was a lot easier than the first one. By that time it was 5p.m. and we were all hungry and tired. We stopped at a few place and headed back home. I ate 2 apple banana's on the drive. Back at the house I made a liter of papaya/banana smoothie.
I will probably make a tomato soup of some sort in a while. Probably the same thing I made last night as a salad dressing without the dehydrated tomato's since I forgot to dry some today.
I am really really tired tonight and I hope to get to bed by 9. In an hour.
I feel really good though from all the physical labor today. It is so great working with Janie and Darrel, their communication skills are incredibly good. No one gets mad or frustrated, we all work together and have a great time. I wish I could stick around to help put up the screen house, I think that would be an absolute blast. We have to pick up one more shipment tomorrow but there is no way we will have time to start on it before I leave :(

I am up to 8 push ups.
I didn't weight myself this morning so I can't report on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment