Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

5 days left in Kauai

Today was much better than yesterday.
Last night I went to bed at around midnight and woke up at 7 a.m.
I got on the computer for a while. Went outside in the gorgeous sun and made some phone calls. While I was talking on the phone I sat on the grass and did some great stretches.
Came back in and squeezed my 64oz. of tangelo juice. Janie had rescued a young 22 year old woman from a bad woofing situation earlier in the day. I drank my tangelo juice while we all sat around her, listened to her story and comforted her. It is so great that Janie was able to get her out of the situation that she was in, being a 22 year old female alone in a strange place can be hard it itself...let alone being harassed by the person in charge. She was very happy to be here and we were happy to have her here.
Later Savana and I played on the aerial fabrics for a short amount of time. Then I had her work on some of her math.
For lunch I ate 3 papaya's and had a liter of papaya/banana smoothie. Then I took an hour nap. After my nap I walked to the store to get Savana ingredients for her spaghetti dinner. I came back, played big boggle with her, made her dinner and got on the computer again for a while. I skyped a friend and munched on a few dehydrated tomato's while we talked. By the time we got off the phone I was ravished. I was so very hungry. I briefly had a craving for some cooked food but what I really wanted was another smoothie. This time I just used banana's and made a liter. That hit the spot. I felt full and satisfied. My mind was clear and I was happy. I was wanting to do more exercise today but Savana had requested another day of rest. Tomorrow will be great fun, since we are planning on going snorkeling. It will be a day full of fun in the water and sun.
I felt very calm and peaceful again today. The empty feeling I experienced yesterday was gone and so was the anger. I thought about doing some work writing about my sister, but decided to rest on it until another time.
There was a lot of sharing and conversation around the house today with the new girl being here. I really enjoyed that.
I am up to 4 push ups now. I hope to make it to ten before I leave. I might not make it, but it will be close.
I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the cold when I get back to Boise, but am wondering if that is actually possible. I think I am better off enjoying the warmth of Hawaii while it is still here :) I know I can deal with the cold. I have done it my whole life. I am just very grateful to have had one month of winter spent here in paradise. Next year will definitely have to be 2 months.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I have really enjoyed following your blog posts while in Kauai. It is my all time favorite place on the planet. I spent two weeks there last April with my husband and we were lucky enough to meet Janie and her husband at a few farmers markets. She was so sweet and I feel in love with her right away. Please tell her hello from me. I wasn't ever able to locate her online. Hope you enjoy your last few days there. Thanks for your posts. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your experience - I've been fascinated by it!
    Boise is still the banana belt - not too bad compared to other parts of the country!
    I'll be happy to see you again,
    blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're blogging your adventures again, Hon! Thank you for sharing them!
    What is woofing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Janie is looking for you! You can find her at JungleJanie or as Janie Gardener in my facebook friends.

    ReplyDelete