Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Day two of Health and Fitness week 2011

Today I didn't make it to any of the classes or work outs. That is ok though, my body is really really sore from yesterday and I am happy to give it a rest.
I started my day at 5 a.m. Since I am work exchange here I am in charge of housekeeping and wake up calls. I did my wake up calls, which I love doing. I try to make waking people up as pleasant for them as possible. Gently rubbing their backs and telling them something positive to start their day out. Chris Kendall was very pleased with his wake up call. It consisted of a gentle rub and then telling him what big muscles he has. Lol, that wasn't planned, but just came out. Who knows what will come out of my mouth at times.
I continued on to do some laundry, greet people and get ready for the day.
For breakfast we had watermelon...so good. Many people suffered from melon belly after this, luckily I wasn't one of them...and I ate a lot! Probably a good full melon's worth.
I then cleaned all the bathrooms in the main house, while everyone else was attending the lecture and then exercise class. There are 5 bathrooms in the main house and they needed a good cleaning. That took up about 2 hours. I  was feeling a little tired, so I can back to my room and fell asleep for a half hour until lunch.
Lunch was a delicious banana, date and apple concoction and banana smoothies. Soo yummy! I was sticking to simple meals today, so I at a little bit of the medley, but mostly just had smoothie. The reason I am eating simple is that I am having digestion and bowel problems from mixing too many different fruits and vegetables together. At home I usually just eat mono or bi-meals and my system isn't used to so much chaos. Already tonight after keeping things simple I am feeling things starting to move like they are supposed to :)
After lunch I went into town with Grant. We had a lot of fun. On the drive we worked on our skit for the talent show Friday night. It's going to be a great time. On the way out we stopped at a neighboring farm to pick up some twine. We spend quite a while standing and talking with the farming couple. They were just wonderful to talk with. I love watching the way Grant interacts with people. He is just fantastic. Once we got to town we were great at shopping for things together..both of us are very fast and efficient. Of course on the way out of town we had to stop at a fruit stand and grab more food. I bought 7 heavenly nectarines and shared a little with Grant, but mostly just ate them all myself on the drive home. I so love nectarines and peaches, their season is just too short for me. I have to get as many in me as possible before they are gone for another year.
Grant and I got back to the retreat with just enough time to unload and get ready for dinner. While waiting for the dinner bell...we were all getting very hungry. Being the frugivores that we are several of us were drawn to the mass amounts of blackberry bushes growing around here. We had quite the blackberry feast. Chris and I were the last ones out there and we didn't even hear the dinner bell. Personally I came to dinner quite full and satisfied :) Despite that I was able to drink about a gallon of nectarine strawberry smoothie.
Now I am off to bed. New adventures happening tomorrow. Lots of love to give and receive around here.
I think I forgot to mention yesterdays skinny dipping adventure. Hmm...maybe that shouldn't be talked about...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria!! Thanks so much for sharing your adventures - feel like I'm there with you :) :) :) Sending you lots of love!! xoxoxoxo helena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Helena! It would be great if you were here with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have moved my blog to crazybananalady.org

    ReplyDelete